Pages

Monday, February 13, 2017

Music On Monday: Fishy Laundry

Last week's Music On Monday selection featured a rather chaotic-sounding piece by Eliot Carter, and my week immediately fell into chaos. I was rear-ended in a car accident the same day and had unrelated minor surgery at the end of the week. My car is probably totaled, but all of the humans involved were okay. Still, I'd prefer not to have another week like that, so today's selection is one of the most tonal, upbeat pieces of classical music I could think of just in case my music selection has some bearing on the week's events!

A few years ago, my husband and I finally upgraded our slowly dying washer and dryer to new, front-loading Samsung models. Little did we know that the folks at Samsung are fans of Schubert. His piano quintet in A (nicknamed "The Trout") contains a happy tune that is meant to suggest a trout swimming in a stream. It's arguably the most famous piece of classical chamber music.

I've enjoyed discovering videos of other proud Samsung owners dancing to and playing along with their appliances. Here are three funny videos followed by a serious performance of The Trout.





No comments:

Post a Comment